Bridgestone offers $25K regarding Teens who seem to ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or scholars with a creative side and access to some camera usually are invited to enter the seventh annual Bridgestone Teens Hard drive Smart Online video Contest. Typically the grand prizewinner will take residence a cool $25, 000 scholarship money and have her / his video demonstrated on air flow across the country as the public assistance announcement meant for Bridgestone Americas.
The point from the contest is driver safety, and the needs aren’t far too tough. Simply put together a new 25- AS WELL AS 55-second video on several aspect of car or driving safety. For example
- Saddle belt practice,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding disorders while operating (like devices and texting), or
- Generating defensively
Local driver operators can take one or two cues within the Fairfax State Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the assets provided in the Montgomery Region Teen Gaining Safetywebsite. You may check out previous year’s back again videos to get ideas or even recent Inside Dateline segment in teen drinking and travelling (you plus your parents ought to probably look at this anyway).
Once you’ve hurt on a topic, think about the most effective way to present it— say as being a story by experience or even music video clip or a exhibition. Then shoot— a video obviously!
You’ll need to make a very simple sign up form after which it upload your personal video for the Bridgestone web site by simply no afterward than June 20, 2013. Judges will probably narrow down the entries, and also top 10 video lessons will be uploaded for audience voting coming from July 18 to 28.
All of the top 10 filmmakers will certainly at least acquire a set of innovative tires, having $25, 000 going to the Great Prize victorious one. Second along with third position winners are receiving $15, 000 and $10, 000 correspondingly. This is truly serious money plus considerably elevated from old years.
The matchup is ready to accept legal long term residents from the 50 expresses and the Area of Columbia or The us, ages 16 via 21 . Entrants must include valid license and be enrolled as daily students with an accredited legitimate, college level, or deal school.
You can not crib peoples work, , nor bother to feature anything incongruous. And fork out VERY close in order to the time descriptions because video clips that can not conform will be automatically disqualified.
News from the 2013 Faculty Reception Outlet
Many colleges plus universities arised the road earnings season to begin the recruitment method that actually is put in full hit with in the fall.
Short of in fact visiting a campus, all these 123helpme presentations provide opportunities for one to get basic information regarding a school as well as make yourself seen to area officials.
Although these kind of sessions are usually open to people, it’s generally a good idea to pre-register if the opportunity is offered. If not, how are the folks running in the event that going to discover many folding chairs to set up?
The following are some of the more popular originate events:
- Exploring Institution Options: This is the special employment program pay per click by the undergraduate admissions agencies of Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, the Or even of Pennsylvania, and Stanford. The excursion has about three stops inside the DC space, with the earliest scheduled for Monday, May perhaps 20th, within the Bethesda West Marriott Accommodation & Convention Center, from 7: thirty days p. n. Two even more sessions will be held upon May21st at the Tysons Area Marriott, together with Wednesday, Could possibly 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Houston on Polish capitol Hill.
- Schools That Really make a difference: This year, CTCL will visit Washington DC area about Sunday, May perhaps 19, on the Marriott Bethesda North Resort and Consultation Center, within 1: 00 pm. Each and every program starts off with a 30-minute information workout followed quickly by the higher education fair.
- The main Claremont Educational facilities: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona and also Scripps Colleges) will keep a local info session on Saturday, May 17, from only two to 5 p. n., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Discovering Educational High quality: Join Brown lightly, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, in addition to Rice for the information procedure targeted to likely students along with families. Trips include a synopsis of each company, information on accès and school funding, as well as a possibility of speak privately, in private with admission representatives.
- almost 8 of the Best Organisations: Claremont McKenna, Colorado School, Connecticut Faculty, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Dorothy Lawrence suggest to students and also families to learn more about these seven nationally recognised liberal martial arts styles colleges. Six to eight programs keep on being for the time.
- Coast to be able to Coast Travel: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, as well as Vanderbilt pay a visit to nine urban centers in eight states. The very evening provides a brief information and facts session in relation to each school and period to interact with vestibule representatives in the college good format. Often the tour pertains to the DC area on May 23 rd .
- Boston Institution: This content rich program was established to provide likely students having an ‘Eagle Summary. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon College or university: Admissions consultants will present guideline information period to high school students who can be in the early stages in their college look for. You can sign up now in the event signed for On the, June 3, at the Bethesda Marriott Inn.
- Northwestern College or university: In addition to the Shore to Region Tour (see above), additional sessions tend to be open to learners and their tourists in rest of the countryside. Northwestern moves with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UV A to The southern part of the state in July 2013.
- The main University connected with North Carolina during Greensboro: A couple of “First Look” sessions will probably be held in typically the DC vicinity. The first can take place on Could possibly 29, for Rockville, and the second is definitely scheduled regarding May 21 years of age, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online enrollment will require you to open your SpartanLinkaccount.